Residents are able to register and purchase their pet tag(s) through the municipal office during regular business hours. Pet Licenses are non-transferable and expire December 31st in the year they were purchased.
Why Should I License My Pet?
- If your pet gets lost or is injured, a pet license (pet tag) is a fast and easy way to identify your pet and to get in contact with you
- Licensed pets are likely to be returned home
- Licensing your pets shows that you are a responsible pet owner
- The Animal Control Bylaw requires that your pet be licensed by the Town. It’s the law!
How Do I License My Pet?
- To obtain a Pet License, visit the Town Office during regular business hours; or
- Call the Town Office to register your pet.
Town Office, 610 Varennes Street – Wolseley, SK
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
Please note, Pet Tags will only be issued upon receipt of payment. Your pet information will be entered into the Pet Licensing system and your Pet Tag will be sent to you by mail (if you are unable to attend the Town Office in person). We accept Cash, Cheque, Interac Debit/Credit Card or e-Transfer.
Pet License Fees
|Cat License||Annual Fee||Acquired After June 30th||Lifetime|
|Cat under 12 months old||$18.00||$9.00||N/A|
|Cat spayed or neutered||$18.00||$9.00||$80.00|
|Cat not spayed or neutered||$40.00||$20.00||$240.00|
|Dog License||Annual Fee||Acquired After June 30th||Lifetime|
|Dog under 12 months old||$18.00||$9.00||N/A|
|Dog spayed or neutered||$18.00||$9.00||$80.00|
|Dog not spayed or neutered||$40.00||$20.00||$240.00|
|Dog declared Aggressive or Dangerous||$300.00||N/A||N/A|
|Tag Replacement||Flat Fee
|Hobby Breeder Permit||
In the Town of Wolseley, residents may own up to five (5) adult pets per household, but no more than three (3) of those pets can be dogs, in accordance with The Animal Control Bylaw.
All pets shall be leashed at all times, on a leash not exceeding two (2) meters (approx. 6.5 feet) in length and under proper control.
Lost and Found Pets
For more information on what to do if you have lost or found a pet in the Town of Wolseley, please click here.